SmartFade 2496 'clear' button led light

On our SmartFade 2496 the white 'clear' button was flickering from day one, when we got the console. It was brighter and then dim again without any change of settings during normal operation. Since today suddenly the led underneath it stopped working. I assume this is a hardware problem? Or could software be the trigger?

Next to this I have to mention that the console is rather unstable in combination with an Apple Macbook. A Macbook can caue the console to lock up unexpected.

Parents
  • Hi Jeroen -

This sounds like a hardware problem (a bad white LED). Please contact your ETC dealer or ETC Technical Services about a repair of the console.

Can you provide more details on the Mac problem? What version of SmartFade ML/SmartSoft are you using? What operating system version is on the Mac? Is there any specific action that procedes the lockup you are seeing?

Thanks much -

Sarah

• Hi Jeroen -

This sounds like a hardware problem (a bad white LED). Please contact your ETC dealer or ETC Technical Services about a repair of the console.

Can you provide more details on the Mac problem? What version of SmartFade ML/SmartSoft are you using? What operating system version is on the Mac? Is there any specific action that procedes the lockup you are seeing?

Thanks much -

Sarah

Children
  • Ok, we will contact our local ETC dealer (Candela Boom, Belgium) after our production season. I can go without the led for the clear button, but not without the console for now.

Very strange -> the led stopped working, as posted above, but this weekend shows the led was up again without any error or problem. So a bad connection or software?

The Mac problem occurs with our Smartfade 24/96 (the one with the clear button led problem)

We are using the latest software version available for donwload from your website, both on console and mac. the Mac is a Macbook running Mac OS X 10.6 . Normal operation is no problem, but it seems that if there are simultaneous writes to memory on the console and to laptop memory that the laptop has problems calculating stuff. For instance programming and in the meanwhile someone else who switches from tab on the laptop, or editing fade times, or next cue's while operating the console. I cannot be specific, cause it seems to happen randomly. It looks like the laptop needs an enormous amount of processor power to keep up with the console... if you have a rather large show then the little watch on the screen is more present than the arrow... On Windows XP no problems.

[edited by: Jeroen at 9:57 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Jun 1 2010]
Related