Smartfade 2496 console sabotage

I just took over the responsibilities for an auditorium at an intermediate school which has a Smartfade board.  The departing auditorium manager left the board in the condition that when you powered up in Two Scene Mode or Normal Mode, none of the bump buttons light up and the faders do not work.  Is there a reset function or something similar I can do to get back to factory default, and if so, will it erase all the settings and channel assignments?

Parents
  • Hi there -

Before deep clearing the console - can you check a few things?

1) Is the Blackout button above the Grand Master fader lit up in blue (solid, not flashing)? If so, press it and see if you regain control of your lights. If the button is flashing, see number 2 below...

2) Is the Grand Master fader all the way down? If so, raise it to the full (top) position.

3) Are the crossfaders split (one at the top one at the bottom) and at the zero positions? If so, fade one up (or down) so that both faders are together then try both scenes again - one of them should now work.

Do you have an SD card available? If so, you can save the show file currently loaded onto the console before deep clearing the console. The show settings can then be reloaded back into the console. However, a deep clear won't fix any of the above issues, so I suggest you look for those first. If you still can't get the lights working, though, I suggest contacting technical support to see if there are other reasons your console is behaving in this way.

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hi there -

Before deep clearing the console - can you check a few things?

1) Is the Blackout button above the Grand Master fader lit up in blue (solid, not flashing)? If so, press it and see if you regain control of your lights. If the button is flashing, see number 2 below...

2) Is the Grand Master fader all the way down? If so, raise it to the full (top) position.

3) Are the crossfaders split (one at the top one at the bottom) and at the zero positions? If so, fade one up (or down) so that both faders are together then try both scenes again - one of them should now work.

Do you have an SD card available? If so, you can save the show file currently loaded onto the console before deep clearing the console. The show settings can then be reloaded back into the console. However, a deep clear won't fix any of the above issues, so I suggest you look for those first. If you still can't get the lights working, though, I suggest contacting technical support to see if there are other reasons your console is behaving in this way.

Thanks -

Sarah

Children
No Data
Related