Smartfade ml Color Palette button lights

G'day Guys,

My work recently got a smartfade ml. i had to install some LED color banks but when trying to use the color palette the colors would not respond. I reset each color palette button so that it was set to they way my boss wanted it but now the led buttons either don't light up or are the wrong color. Just wondering if it is possible to change the color of each button.

Thanks heaps guys.

• Absolutely!

In fact the purpose of the color palette buttons is to set the color for lights. I suspect you are going through the process a little out of order. If the buttons aren't lighting up, then you aren't ready to set the colors. By default the buttons show a saturated rainbow in 1-12 and a paler rainbow in 13-24. When a the color palette isn't active the buttons show the color the fixture is current set to output.

• Select the fixtures, hit "Color" in the Palettes and the buttons should all light up. 
    • Select the pallet you want to apply and the lights should go to that color

OR

• Select some fixtures
    • Select "Param1" under Faders
    • Set Hue and Sat for the color, and the buttons for the fixtures should show the color

Common newbie mistakes:

• Buttons are brighter when the fixture is selected
    • No light will show without the intesity fader up, even for simple RGBs.

I've found the video tutorials far clearer than the manuals and I'm a manual reader.  http://www.etcconnect.com/product.tutorial.aspx?ID=20338

Related