Patching Multiple DMX Channels to Single Channel

Hello,

For my current setup, I have roughly 55 DMX inputs available to me for conventional lights (combination of Par/house lights).  I would really like to be able to patch some of those together onto the same "int channel."  As best I can tell, other than using devices I cannot patch more than 48 of those roughly 55 inputs DMX channels.

Because some of those are house lights physically grouped together (ie several sets of 3 dmx channels go to lights that are always the same brightness), I really would like to be able to patch them together on the lightboard.  Changing their DMX channel is not feasible because they are also controlled separately by house lighting fixtures.  What I would like is something as follows:

For example, on "Int A: 24" have DMX channels 101, 102, and 103 all be patched.  So, simply by moving Int A:24 I control each of those dmx channels.

Is this possible?  It seems it would have to be possible somehow but in reading through documentation I have not been able to find it.  I would greatly appreciate any advice as to how to do this.

Thanks in advance!

Parents
  • Absolutely!

This is normal for virtually every light board out there. What you missed is how to get more than one "address" onto a "channel".

When you're patching "by channel" dial the address encoder to a second DMX address and hit "SEL". In the right hand screen you'll see additional sets of numbers like 24:101 24:102 24:103. That means channel 24 is controlling DMX 101-103 as if they were one dimmer.

Its all in the manual and on-line videos. But sometimes the words won't make sense until you see it happen. What can not be done is to have more than one channel control an address. A servant with two masters is in trouble!

[edited by: RickR at 11:53 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Nov 19 2010]
  • Absolutely!

This is normal for virtually every light board out there. What you missed is how to get more than one "address" onto a "channel".

When you're patching "by channel" dial the address encoder to a second DMX address and hit "SEL". In the right hand screen you'll see additional sets of numbers like 24:101 24:102 24:103. That means channel 24 is controlling DMX 101-103 as if they were one dimmer.

Its all in the manual and on-line videos. But sometimes the words won't make sense until you see it happen. What can not be done is to have more than one channel control an address. A servant with two masters is in trouble!

[edited by: RickR at 11:53 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Nov 19 2010]
Children
Related