Recording Chases into Stack

Hi There,

Something that has puzzled me for a while, is why if I programme a chase (Sequence) onto 13-24 of the memory subasters on any page, and then I bring it up onstage and hit 'Rec All' and stack, why doesn't it programme into the stack? Normal scenes on subs programme into the stack if they're up at the time of recording so why dont sequences.

Hope that was clear to you all, if not just ask.

Tom.

(I am now using V3 - Build 25, but it didn't work in V2 either.)

Parents
  • Hi Tom -

It's because you cannot embed a sequence within a step of the stack. It's not a feature of SmartFade.

Thanks much -

Sarah

• sclausen said:

Hi Tom -

It's because you cannot embed a sequence within a step of the stack. It's not a feature of SmartFade.

Thanks much -

Sarah

I beg to differ!

Although I'm using v3.0

I'm using it currently in my X-mas show. Although it took my forever to stumble upon how to create it, But IT CAN BE DONE!!!!!

What I did was this.... I think (console is at the theatre right now)

Record your Stack. Have your Seq. in 13 - 24 When using the record all fuction, when you get to that point in your stack, just hit the Seq. button. Make sure you have your page selected first.

I have mine set to Run mode Manual, because of live performances, so times are always different.

When you get to that point in your stack where the sequence is, lets say cue 14, and your in cue 13.9, push go (trying to explain in my terms, causing I'm using a SFML and a Insight3 w/ MIDI) so its diplaying cue 14 or whatever and make sure your already on the page your Seq. is on. Bring the fader up to full and tap the #? button. I recorded a blackout before the sequence, so it moves where I need them first. Move dark doesnt work for some reason. When finished, kinda at the same time or fader goes down first then quickly goto the next cue. 

Just make sure you bring the Seq. fader up when your in the seq. part of the stack, cause it does turn off if your in the one before it, until the next cue is triggered.

Any other questions, Let me know

[edited by: Joe_ML at 6:34 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, Dec 1 2010]
  • And I hope by saying this, You (ETC) doesn't take out this feature, but continues to make it work and make it stable!!!

Reply Children
No Data
Related