Fade time between memories on SmartFade 1248/1296

I am in the process of picking a new lighting console for my church.  I am really liking the SmartFade 1296 because of its cue stack feature, something we have been wanting.  However, on our current console, the ETA MC1224CM, we have the option to set a fade time to switch between scenes (memories) on the fly.  This is a particularly important feature for us to have since we are heavily staffed by volunteers, and things can get switched around at the last minute.

Here is the question: is there a way to set a timed fade between memories on the SmartFade 1248/1296?  If not, is this a planned update to the software -or- are there any alternatives to accomplish this task (keeping ease of use in mind)?

Thanks,

Ian Harrier, Winstanley Baptist Church

Parents
  • Changing the fade rate is fast and easy and flexible (there are several ways)

The simplest is to press the RATE button thats just over the cross-faders. With that active the wheel will alter the next fade time (proportional to the recorded times.) If you leave it active you can change the next fade without extra presses. Reseting to normal is CLEAR-RATE or dial back to 100.

I would caution you on the 1296 for volunteers. 4 pages of individual faders, plus MEM pages can be a bit confusing. The 2496 would be the obvious choice. The ML would leave room for adding LEDs or scrollers if you think you'll ever want them.

[edited by: RickR at 11:06 AM (GMT -6) on Thu, Jan 6 2011]
  • Changing the fade rate is fast and easy and flexible (there are several ways)

The simplest is to press the RATE button thats just over the cross-faders. With that active the wheel will alter the next fade time (proportional to the recorded times.) If you leave it active you can change the next fade without extra presses. Reseting to normal is CLEAR-RATE or dial back to 100.

I would caution you on the 1296 for volunteers. 4 pages of individual faders, plus MEM pages can be a bit confusing. The 2496 would be the obvious choice. The ML would leave room for adding LEDs or scrollers if you think you'll ever want them.

[edited by: RickR at 11:06 AM (GMT -6) on Thu, Jan 6 2011]
Children
No Data
Related