Smartfade ML or Smartsoft Effects

Hey guys, 

I know about the using the Linear, Shape and Colour effects on both the Smartfade ML and Smartsoft but im wondering if it is possible to create your own effects insted of using ETC's presets. 

Thanks for your help,

Matt

Parents
  • The SFML does not have an effects editor as you would find on the Eos line of consoles. But there is an easy way to create a sequence that will function similarly to a step based effect. Here in the lab I just mocked up a chase using 3 memories in a sequence. With one channel on each memory, I wrote a sequence with 3 steps. Step 1 brought up memory 1 (channel 1) with a time of up 0.1 sec and down 0.1 sec; step two did this with channel 2 and so on. Since sequences automatically cycle from the last step back to the first step, it looked very similar to a step based chase.  

If you're working with moving lights or LEDs, this same process could be used by creating a sequence of memories with focus, color and beam information in them.

• The SFML does not have an effects editor as you would find on the Eos line of consoles. But there is an easy way to create a sequence that will function similarly to a step based effect. Here in the lab I just mocked up a chase using 3 memories in a sequence. With one channel on each memory, I wrote a sequence with 3 steps. Step 1 brought up memory 1 (channel 1) with a time of up 0.1 sec and down 0.1 sec; step two did this with channel 2 and so on. Since sequences automatically cycle from the last step back to the first step, it looked very similar to a step based chase.  

If you're working with moving lights or LEDs, this same process could be used by creating a sequence of memories with focus, color and beam information in them.

Children
No Data
Related