Patch Wizard/Device Profiles

A little over a year ago, my church installed a whole new lighting system controlled by a SmartFade ML. We are now looking into getting some Chauvet Q-Spot 260 LED moving heads, and some Chauvet ColorDASH Pars. I could be wrong, but I believe those fixtures were released at NAMM 2 years ago, after we installed the console, therefore the profiles are not in the patch wizard. There is a download on the Chauvet website for the fixture personalities, I saved them to a flash drive planning to import them into the consold via SmartSoft. I could not figure out how to, I could not find a solution in the manual either. If all possible I do NOT want to have to create or customize other fixture personalities. Is there anybody that can help me?

Thanks!

• Are you running version 3 of the console software?

Upgrading the console itself has become a common task these days, so much is software controlled that it's like getting a new console. All the updates can be found in the main ETC website, either in the download section, or under the SmartFade ML section.

The manual for V3 describes in detail how to upload "perslib.bin" files on page 7. The commands are under the "Save/Load" menu. While you can do it in SmartSoft, generally you will want to load the personality into the console. None of this will help until you upgrade, as V2 does it very differently.

Related