factory reset

I have a SmartFadeML Ver:1.2.0 Lib:3.4

I don't really know how to use this very well, and we just use it for manually fading 24 devices on DMX channels 1-24.  Very basic stuff.  For some reason it has stopped working.  I've tried everything I know (INT A button is on, solo button is off, blackout button is off) but I have no ability to control my devices.  I've pulled out the power cord and put it back in but that didn't help.

It's connected to ETC SmartPacks.  I turned those off and back on too but it didn't help.  Everything has power.

I'd like to try a factory reset but I can't see a way to do that in the manual.  Is there a way?

Thanks,

Dan

Parents
  • There is indeed a way - best to call support though, they can help with troubleshooting:

http://www.etcconnect.com/contact.aspx

• Hello,

I would strongly reccomend updating the software to a later version.  We are now on version 3.0.2.  This features improvements but also quite a number of significant bug fixes.

If you upgrade it will completely reset evrything.  You must save your show before as that will be erased and lost otherwise.

The simplest thing to try right now is this:  Save the show if you need to.  Turn off the unit.  Turn it on again holding down the 'menu / yes / >' key.  Hold it until you see 'Entering test mode'  Now release it and then press it repeatedly to run through the various self-tests.  At the end it will clear the memory.  When the memory is cleared it will say ' Update software? yes/no'  Select no and the unit will turn off.  The next time you turn it on it will be all cleared and reset. 

To upgrade the software is the same process, but at the end turn the dial to reply 'yes' to the upgrade.  You will need the software file on an SD card or you will need to connect via a PC.  If you have not done that before please read the manual or contact technical services at ETC.

Adam

• Hello,

I would strongly reccomend updating the software to a later version.  We are now on version 3.0.2.  This features improvements but also quite a number of significant bug fixes.

If you upgrade it will completely reset evrything.  You must save your show before as that will be erased and lost otherwise.

The simplest thing to try right now is this:  Save the show if you need to.  Turn off the unit.  Turn it on again holding down the 'menu / yes / >' key.  Hold it until you see 'Entering test mode'  Now release it and then press it repeatedly to run through the various self-tests.  At the end it will clear the memory.  When the memory is cleared it will say ' Update software? yes/no'  Select no and the unit will turn off.  The next time you turn it on it will be all cleared and reset. 

To upgrade the software is the same process, but at the end turn the dial to reply 'yes' to the upgrade.  You will need the software file on an SD card or you will need to connect via a PC.  If you have not done that before please read the manual or contact technical services at ETC.

Adam

Children
No Data
Related