Help making a stack for a show

Greetings,

I'm a noob and just help out at my church which has the smart fade ML board and a bunch of lights. 

In one of the scenes they want to have the intelligent beam lights swing around the stage and strobe. I played with the shape effects but didn't look as good and making a sequence with 3 different positions defined. 

So what I have is 3 memory slots reference by a sequence. I then try to add that sequence to my stack and it will not work. I get nothing (no intensity) when that step comes up. It says it's pointed at my sequence (8/13). 

First is there a better way to achieve this look than using a sequence? 

Second how do you have a sequence be apart of your stack? We are running a show with 55 light queues so the stack works great expect for this one hiccup. 

Thank you!

Parents
  • It isn't possible to put Sequences into the Stack on SmartFade or SmartFade ML.

You'll need to bring the MEMS fader up and down manually as required.

Effects can be recorded into the Sequence, however as you've already found not all movements can be made using Effects.

- One thing to try out is adjusting "Aspect" and "Rotation" of the Effects - hit [More] when editing an Effect.
    For example, you can take the Circle effect, deform it into an ellipse then rotate it around. This might give you the effect you're after.

[edited by: Richard at 4:12 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Jan 23 2012]
  • It isn't possible to put Sequences into the Stack on SmartFade or SmartFade ML.

You'll need to bring the MEMS fader up and down manually as required.

Effects can be recorded into the Sequence, however as you've already found not all movements can be made using Effects.

- One thing to try out is adjusting "Aspect" and "Rotation" of the Effects - hit [More] when editing an Effect.
    For example, you can take the Circle effect, deform it into an ellipse then rotate it around. This might give you the effect you're after.

[edited by: Richard at 4:12 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Jan 23 2012]
Children
No Data
Related