Smartfade DMX output Faulty

Hi

i have been using smartfade since almost 4 years and i had no proplem at all untill i upgraded the software to the last version !!! it worked for few hours and then suddenly i dont have Output DMX signal .do you think guys that the proplem related to the new software or it has nothing to do with it since it worked for 2 or 3 events and then it stopped .or maybe its related to the new LED fixtures that i bought from FBL or nothing to do with both ?

i have 2 smartfades and both has the same proplem .is there anyway that i can solve the proplem locally since i am in kuwait and hardly i can find someone who will be able to fix lighting control

regards,

nizar

Parents
  • Hi Nizar

both of your smartfades have completely stopped sending DMX now? Or intermittently?

If its permamently, it could be that the DMX chip inside the Smartfade has been damaged, possibly

from a change in the system or these new fixtures.

If its intermittently, do you have a DMX Tester to see when the problem occurs? Maybe the new fixtures

are causing problems on the DMX Line?

What is the current software version that you have installed on the consoles? v3.0.2 ? We have tested this

version extensively and have no heard of any problems with DMX Output.

If you can't get local support, you can contact our ETC Office in London on Monday, and they can

help troubleshoot with you. They can be reached at  +44 20 8896 1000.

Have a nice evening.

[edited by: corey at 3:38 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Jan 7 2012]
  • Hi Nizar

both of your smartfades have completely stopped sending DMX now? Or intermittently?

If its permamently, it could be that the DMX chip inside the Smartfade has been damaged, possibly

from a change in the system or these new fixtures.

If its intermittently, do you have a DMX Tester to see when the problem occurs? Maybe the new fixtures

are causing problems on the DMX Line?

What is the current software version that you have installed on the consoles? v3.0.2 ? We have tested this

version extensively and have no heard of any problems with DMX Output.

If you can't get local support, you can contact our ETC Office in London on Monday, and they can

help troubleshoot with you. They can be reached at  +44 20 8896 1000.

Have a nice evening.

[edited by: corey at 3:38 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Jan 7 2012]
Children
No Data
Related