Patching devices in SmartSoft

Hello,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJYr3nr6wec&feature=BFa&list=PL201DC6547DB4586A&lf=rellis

In that video you had 5 moving lights as you see at 1:47. Can you help me patching them. Like if you would tell me the dmx of them. (I need 5 or it would be grate if could have 6 of them) And the dmx of your led lights ( at 1:58) in the background.

I'm a beginner but can you tell me how i know the dmx of lights I want to use.

Sorry for my English but plese help me!

Thanks.

[edited by: bjoggi24 at 5:00 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Mar 10 2012]
Parents
  • The DMX addresses to be used depends entirely on the lights you have and the settings you've made on the lights.

To give you a quick summary:

Every DMX-controllable 'thing' has some way of setting its DMX Start Address, and sometimes Mode.
    The most common methods are a small display with buttons, or a set of DIP switches that you set the number using binary.

The method will be in the manual for the DMX lights that you have.

Once you have set the DMX Start Address and Mode, you tell the console the kind of fixture, the mode and the DMX Start Address that you have chosen on each of the lights using the console Patch functions.

These are shown in these videos.

In these videos we are using the Capture "Demoshow-SmartFadeML.exe" included with SmartSoft in the "Examples" folder. This is a simulation (or visualisation) of an imaginary theatre to let you play with the software and learn the console.
    The "Demoshow-SmartFadeML.asc" file in the same folder has everything in this Demoshow already patched.

[edited by: Richard at 6:11 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Mar 12 2012]
  • The DMX addresses to be used depends entirely on the lights you have and the settings you've made on the lights.

To give you a quick summary:

Every DMX-controllable 'thing' has some way of setting its DMX Start Address, and sometimes Mode.
    The most common methods are a small display with buttons, or a set of DIP switches that you set the number using binary.

The method will be in the manual for the DMX lights that you have.

Once you have set the DMX Start Address and Mode, you tell the console the kind of fixture, the mode and the DMX Start Address that you have chosen on each of the lights using the console Patch functions.

These are shown in these videos.

In these videos we are using the Capture "Demoshow-SmartFadeML.exe" included with SmartSoft in the "Examples" folder. This is a simulation (or visualisation) of an imaginary theatre to let you play with the software and learn the console.
    The "Demoshow-SmartFadeML.asc" file in the same folder has everything in this Demoshow already patched.

[edited by: Richard at 6:11 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Mar 12 2012]
Children
No Data
Related