American DJ DMX question

I have a SmartFade 2496 console and I am wondering if I can control an American DJ FUSION FX BAR 5 with this board.

Parents
  • Provided the fixture takes in industry standard DMX, yes, you shouldn't have a problem.

• That's good news!  Now the next question... how do I set it up?  I have looked at countless resources and I am still clueless!  Is there a specific resource for the Smartfade?

• Using a "conventional" board for a complex fixture isn't recommended so you won't find detailed help.

However DMX is DMX. So you set the starting address for on your light, maybe 82. Then check the manual and you should see a listing of what each channel does. So what the manual calls #1 will be your slider 82. 2=84, 3=85, etc. Make sure you aren't in sound activated or Master/Slave mode.

All this is assuming your board is still patched "1to1". If that doesn't mean anything to you then you should be fine. The default is DMX 1 is slider 1 and so on. Generally DMX isn't complicated.

ETC has manuals and videos on the Smartfade, check the main website under Entertainment Control. Just don't get lost in SmartfadeML, that is meant for complex fixtures and does all the stuff you will wish for.

• Using a "conventional" board for a complex fixture isn't recommended so you won't find detailed help.

However DMX is DMX. So you set the starting address for on your light, maybe 82. Then check the manual and you should see a listing of what each channel does. So what the manual calls #1 will be your slider 82. 2=84, 3=85, etc. Make sure you aren't in sound activated or Master/Slave mode.

All this is assuming your board is still patched "1to1". If that doesn't mean anything to you then you should be fine. The default is DMX 1 is slider 1 and so on. Generally DMX isn't complicated.

ETC has manuals and videos on the Smartfade, check the main website under Entertainment Control. Just don't get lost in SmartfadeML, that is meant for complex fixtures and does all the stuff you will wish for.

Children
No Data
Related