Fixture Request: Chauvet LED ColorPalette

Hi Everyone,

I would like to request a fixture personality for the Chauvet led color palette. It is not in the extended library file.   I have attached the manual.  Its a little weird because it has up to 27 channels.  I only ever use the first 6 channels, but it would be nice to use all of them. 

I created a profile using the user profile editor on the offline editor, but it's my first profile so i thought i would get some help from the forum.  

Thanks in advance

Patrick

Parents
  • This fixture is not included in the library as SmartFade ML does not support "multi-cell" fixtures as a single device button.
    - Things with lots of blocks of Red/Green/Blue etc

Most of these 'multi-cell' fixtures have distinct modes you can choose on the fixture with DIP switches or fixture menu options, so SFML includes the 'one cell' version - pick it from the menu or set the DIPs right, and there you are.

However, this one has only one DMX personality.
    The function of the RGB#2/3/4/5/6/7/8 DMX channels changes between "RGB" and "No function" depending on the value of DMX Channel 1. Unfortunately this means it can'rt be included in the library because there are no personalities where it could be patched to a single device button.

- Imagine patching two of them in supposed "6-channel mode", patched as DMX 1 and DMX 7, then nudging Channel 1 of the first into the 9-channel mode.
    Now Strobe of the second is controlling "Blue#2" of the first as well as its own Strobe!

If you don't know exactly what the Mode attribute of this particular fixture does, you'll probably think something has broken and spend ages trying to figure it out.

When you make a User Personality, you know how you've got it set up and know exactly what nudging the "Mode" fader would actually do.

Finally, if you find yourself wanting the extra cells for a given show, you can patch each additional cell as its own device using the Generic > LED RGB personality template.

• This fixture is not included in the library as SmartFade ML does not support "multi-cell" fixtures as a single device button.
    - Things with lots of blocks of Red/Green/Blue etc

Most of these 'multi-cell' fixtures have distinct modes you can choose on the fixture with DIP switches or fixture menu options, so SFML includes the 'one cell' version - pick it from the menu or set the DIPs right, and there you are.

However, this one has only one DMX personality.
    The function of the RGB#2/3/4/5/6/7/8 DMX channels changes between "RGB" and "No function" depending on the value of DMX Channel 1. Unfortunately this means it can'rt be included in the library because there are no personalities where it could be patched to a single device button.

- Imagine patching two of them in supposed "6-channel mode", patched as DMX 1 and DMX 7, then nudging Channel 1 of the first into the 9-channel mode.
    Now Strobe of the second is controlling "Blue#2" of the first as well as its own Strobe!

If you don't know exactly what the Mode attribute of this particular fixture does, you'll probably think something has broken and spend ages trying to figure it out.

When you make a User Personality, you know how you've got it set up and know exactly what nudging the "Mode" fader would actually do.

Finally, if you find yourself wanting the extra cells for a given show, you can patch each additional cell as its own device using the Generic > LED RGB personality template.

Children
No Data
Related