Schematics of the IES EC12I 12 channel Dimmer pack

l.s.

I acquired a second handed IES EC12I 12 channel dimmer pack. Although it looks all right and the manual dimming on the dimmer itself is working fine, it doesn't want to communicate with DMX512.
Nowadays only 3-wire networks are being used, but is it mandatory for this dimmer to also have the DIMStat feedback?

If not the case, then I think the communications on the circuitboard are toast. So could I anyhow get the electrical drawings of the dimmer boards inside? I'd like to replace the internal controller board by an Arduino or something similar and control the dimmerboards myself.

Greetz,

Arjo

Parents Reply
  • Arjo,

It seems that we have no information at all for the IES EC12. This product pre-dates the merger of IES and Penko (which was before the ETC acquisition. We do have some drawings for the EC24 but not for the control electronics. We do know that the unit did not interface with DimStat.

The manufacturing manager does remember this product and thought it used IC 7516 for DMX (that is the most common DMX chip. We would recommend that you replace any/all IC 75176 and see if that gets your DMX working. You might also see a 6N137 chip. If you do, you should replace those as well.

Please let me know what happens. mmeskill@etcconnect.com

Sincerely,

Mike

Children