Inrush

What means inrush in Electrical S4 Led series 2 datasheet?

Parents
  • Almost all electronics have some components (eg capacitors) that get "charged up" when the device is first powered up.

This means they draw a short 'burst' of current when they are first plugged in or powered on by a relay. This is the "inrush" current.

It matters because relays, switches, plugs/sockets and circuit breakers etc may all have a limit to the highest inrush current they can handle, as well as the maximum 'running' current.

In some cases you will not be able to add another fixture to a circuit because it will go over the maximum 'inrush' current, even though it will not reach the maximum 'running' current (max. power)

• Richard, thanks for your answer.

For me it's clear the inrush current, but it's a little confuse if I need to have all my electrical system prepared for 50A. What happened if I have 24 S4 units power it at the same time!

I'm looking for led equipment and I'm very interesting in this S4 -because all the equipment that already have it's S4- Could you give a little bit more orientation?

thanks in advanced

Kay Perez
    TD National Company of Mexico
  • Richard, thanks for your answer.

For me it's clear the inrush current, but it's a little confuse if I need to have all my electrical system prepared for 50A. What happened if I have 24 S4 units power it at the same time!

I'm looking for led equipment and I'm very interesting in this S4 -because all the equipment that already have it's S4- Could you give a little bit more orientation?

thanks in advanced

Kay Perez
    TD National Company of Mexico
Children
No Data