Ion Patching : YouTube Question from Ion video series (1-36)

Question comes from BrianHelmingcomp re: Ion 1-36 Patching:

OK so since this board has patching that means i don't have to daisy chain my dimmers and DMX LEDs is the specific way i want? I can just go and say the first light on my 18th dimmers is channel 1 on the board? and then my DMX head which is last in my daisy chain can be channel 6 on the board?

to view the video in question visti: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R93vz8NFXMw

Thanks for any help you can provide.

ETCVideoLibrarian,

David Geel

Parents
  • Correct, you can have your lights plugged into whatever dimmers you want and have your LED's addressed how you would like, then you patch them in the order you want. Just make sure when addressing/ patching your LED's or other multi-parameter fixtures that you don't overlap addresses. For example, if your LED fixture uses six addresses, at minimum you need to address the first unit as 1, the next unit as 7, etc.

• Correct, you can have your lights plugged into whatever dimmers you want and have your LED's addressed how you would like, then you patch them in the order you want. Just make sure when addressing/ patching your LED's or other multi-parameter fixtures that you don't overlap addresses. For example, if your LED fixture uses six addresses, at minimum you need to address the first unit as 1, the next unit as 7, etc.

Children
No Data