Arduino Mega!!!

So the arduino has 6 analog input pins, and that would limit the maximum encoders to 3, even if the current project only incorporates 2 encoders. The arduino mega has 16 analog pins, and could support 8 encoders. That is the same amount that is on the TI console (rate wheel, level wheel, and the other 5). I know the code has not been written for this, but I am I wanted to make sure that the arduino mega could support 8 encoders. Thanks!

Parents
  • I've done 18 encoders on a mega with each one also being a button. It's a stretch but doable. Just remember that the arduino encoders don't just clone what the console encoders do. You have to assign each one an attribute. If you want each one to do more than one attribute you have to program that into the arduino along with methods to switch attributes. The encoders don't have to be on analog pins. Some pins work better than others when connected to encoders so your encoder input will vary based on what pins you use.
  • I've done 18 encoders on a mega with each one also being a button. It's a stretch but doable. Just remember that the arduino encoders don't just clone what the console encoders do. You have to assign each one an attribute. If you want each one to do more than one attribute you have to program that into the arduino along with methods to switch attributes. The encoders don't have to be on analog pins. Some pins work better than others when connected to encoders so your encoder input will vary based on what pins you use.
Children
No Data