4 encoder box for visible encoder display

I'm thinking of trying to adapt the code for the box_1 to make a 4 encoder box. I would preferably like to have the four encoders correspond to whatever encoder page is visible in the encoder display. Is this possible? I can't find an OSC argument from eos that would send that information. Would it have to be done with a macro? I'm also interested in doing something similar with a fader box that corresponds to the visible fader page though I imagine that would be simpler since faders are numbered.

• Pretty sure there are two problems: eos doesn't tell which encoder page it's on and it doesn't communicate what's mapped to the encoders.
    There are people who solved this issue by creating their own logic to distribute the available parameters of the current selection to lighthack encoders.

Same problem with Fader page. Eos doesn't communicate its faderpage or faderpage button presses. But at least it communicates fader mapping when asked
  • Ueli is correct. The console does not transmit enough information for us to truly mimic the encoders on the console. We can build an approximation of flexi encoders but it requires a significant investment in coding time.
    I've built several paged osc based encoder units but they are all coded with specific parameters on each encoder per page.
    The faders are easier to have similar operation to what you get on the console but they won't follow the console paging but rather have their own paging over OSC. You can setup fader pages and change those over OSC but it will not follow what page you are selecting on the console.
  • You could use the software Luminosus. It's an eos companion app for windows.(not sure about mac) You can map buttons from any midi device. I am using the Numark Mixtrack 3 (not pro) and it has a USB-B on the back that I just plug into my computer and everything works very well. There's also an encoder block so you may want to check it out!

Luminosus: https://www.luminosus.org/
    Numark mixtrack: www.numark.com/.../mixtrack-3
  • I dont think that will work as Luminous also cant know what the encoder page etc you are on as eos doesn't send the osc data that all of these addons rely on. As Druuka said "The console does not transmit enough information for us to truly mimic the encoders on the console" so Luminous is stuck in the same way.