Can I assign my encoders to specific encoders in nomad?

I’m pretty sure the answer is no, however i’m not completely certain if the documentation is still up to date but has ETC or anyone else found a way to let my encoders be parameter agnostic and follow whatever is on the encoder page selected on the desk eg. focus page and colour page? This would be incredibly useful as I am looking to essentially create a programming wing replica minus the faders.

The only promising thing I have found is this video:

youtu.be/2jeyQjmPyMM

where the person reverse engineers a programming wing, Unfortunately I have neither a programming wing nor the expertise/time required to achieve something like this. If anyone has any suggestions or even code that works similarly to that shown in the youtube video I would greatly appreciate your help.

Sorry for the long post (and the second in a few days)

Parents
  • The OSC interface protocol currently has no method to duplicate the encoders in the console.  The best you could do would be program a light hack that takes the current wheels as they are output and sorts them into their appropriate category based on the wheel info as it is transmitted.  This would allow you to have an appearance that is similar to what you get on the console.  Unfortunately this will not work when a mixed group of fixtures is selected as each one has a different order to the wheels.  I still currently build out encoder layouts per category for what I use the device/interface for.  When you build your own you are also not locked into one category at a time and can mix and match for what you want to have control of.  

Hope this helps

• The OSC interface protocol currently has no method to duplicate the encoders in the console.  The best you could do would be program a light hack that takes the current wheels as they are output and sorts them into their appropriate category based on the wheel info as it is transmitted.  This would allow you to have an appearance that is similar to what you get on the console.  Unfortunately this will not work when a mixed group of fixtures is selected as each one has a different order to the wheels.  I still currently build out encoder layouts per category for what I use the device/interface for.  When you build your own you are also not locked into one category at a time and can mix and match for what you want to have control of.  

Hope this helps

Children
No Data