Can I assign my encoders to specific encoders in nomad?

I’m pretty sure the answer is no, however i’m not completely certain if the documentation is still up to date but has ETC or anyone else found a way to let my encoders be parameter agnostic and follow whatever is on the encoder page selected on the desk eg. focus page and colour page? This would be incredibly useful as I am looking to essentially create a programming wing replica minus the faders.

The only promising thing I have found is this video:

youtu.be/2jeyQjmPyMM

where the person reverse engineers a programming wing, Unfortunately I have neither a programming wing nor the expertise/time required to achieve something like this. If anyone has any suggestions or even code that works similarly to that shown in the youtube video I would greatly appreciate your help.

Sorry for the long post (and the second in a few days)

Parents
  • hi, glad you liked my video :)

I didn't manage to find any other way to do what I (and you!) wanted; however the reverse engineered solution has been rock solid for me. (Ironically, the OSC part of my homebrew console, which handles key presses, is less reliable. Probably my fault somehow, but looking into it requires time and effort.)

Regarding not having a programming wing… I hired one! It meant I had a deadline, as I had to get all the data I needed in one weekend!

I don't mind sharing some notes and my code if it's any use, but it comes with the big caveats of: it's not a drop in solution for other hardware -- I built it for the Teensy 3.5, which is no longer sold, and my modifications to the Teensy's USB library are model specific. Also, my system uses three Teensies talking via I2C to handle different bits of the board, so you'd need to rip all of the I2C code out. And while I don't mind discussing a few things over Messenger, I probably won't have the time to do detailed hand-holding through building something. That said, I have helped one other person build one… but they were someone who worked at the same place as me so we were able to meet in person (and on work time, which helped!)

Feel free to drop me a message Slight smile

Amy

• hi, glad you liked my video :)

I didn't manage to find any other way to do what I (and you!) wanted; however the reverse engineered solution has been rock solid for me. (Ironically, the OSC part of my homebrew console, which handles key presses, is less reliable. Probably my fault somehow, but looking into it requires time and effort.)

Regarding not having a programming wing… I hired one! It meant I had a deadline, as I had to get all the data I needed in one weekend!

I don't mind sharing some notes and my code if it's any use, but it comes with the big caveats of: it's not a drop in solution for other hardware -- I built it for the Teensy 3.5, which is no longer sold, and my modifications to the Teensy's USB library are model specific. Also, my system uses three Teensies talking via I2C to handle different bits of the board, so you'd need to rip all of the I2C code out. And while I don't mind discussing a few things over Messenger, I probably won't have the time to do detailed hand-holding through building something. That said, I have helped one other person build one… but they were someone who worked at the same place as me so we were able to meet in person (and on work time, which helped!)

Feel free to drop me a message Slight smile

Amy

Children
No Data