Sign In problems with new Forum

Have just tried to sign in to the new support website with what I am absolutely sure was my previous User ID and password, this was rejected.

I requested a new password which has just been emailed to me with a request to change it immediately.

I have now managed to sigh in (obviously!) but your system keeps rejecting any attempt to change my password.

Have you any password rules (which are not explained anywhere)?  If not, what should I do now?

Needless to say I am less than impressed with the change to the new site.

• Hello David,

Quick question: Were you trying to use your MyETC log-in or your old ETC Forum log-in? When we updated and moved back to this new-new forum, we wanted to maintain the ‘single log-in’ so you would need to have used your MyETC log-in.

We’ll need to investigate the changing of the password. ETC employees authenticate in a different way than community users so I have no way to test right now but will work with the web and forum teams to look into this.

Sincerely, Mike

• Thanks Mike. I was using my old MyETC login, although in fact I used the same login for the old ETC Forum. Today I have logged in OK using the temporary password you sent me and this time there appeared a "MyETC" tab at the top of the white login screen which then took me to the Profile link where I was able to change the password OK. One slightly confusing thing: There is a black bar along the top of the first screen which has a "Sign In" link. At the top of the white screen there is also a "Login" link. Which one are we supposed to use? Regards, David
  • David, You can use either one to sign in as they both get you to the log-in page. As an FYI, we do now have the ‘Remember Me’ check box working. If you check it before logging into MyETC, it will keep you logged in to both MyETC and the Forums. You will then see a ‘sign out’ option in the top right of etcconnect.com (in the black bar). If you sign out your cookie will be deactivated.