Welcome text

this is about the black text "Welcome to ETC's Online Community", not about the blue Welcome text:

would you mind making it an element that can be removed with homepage editing? even when there will be a more reasonable font size, it is (at least for me) wasted space.

Parents
  • I am not sure about allowing removing it completely, we'll need to discuss that. How about us reducing the margins of white space above and below it?
  • removing the margins and reducing text size would be a start of course, but my opinion is that you should think about users who spend a lot of time on the forum (and those are the ones modifying their homepage). and to us regulars there's so much more useful stuff i could do with the screen real estate... it's great for everybody who gets here the first time to be properly welcomed but i think there needs to be a moment when we can focus on work...
  • removing the margins and reducing text size would be a start of course, but my opinion is that you should think about users who spend a lot of time on the forum (and those are the ones modifying their homepage). and to us regulars there's so much more useful stuff i could do with the screen real estate... it's great for everybody who gets here the first time to be properly welcomed but i think there needs to be a moment when we can focus on work...
Children