Complaints/requests about the forum software

I really don't like the current version of the forum software. I know this isn't going to happen but I wish ETC would go back to using standard forum software like they did at the beginning. I can never remember how to do things like find all posts by a user because everything is hidden behind icons instead of having clickable text links.

There are too many annoying popups.  Edit, they fixed this, thanks

And there needs to be an advanced search. Check out this one for an example: http://iatse728.secure-mall.com/cgi-bin/phpbb/search.php?sid=7492cc843d83c7a0c76be30ded4e43d9

Parents
  • Seriously, I've been trying for 7 minutes to figure out how to view my old posts so I can add to them and I can't do it. I'm just starting new topics instead.
  • Hi ,

I am sorry that you are not happy with the forums design. I do want to bring to your attention two easy ways to find your (or any user's) recent activity. The first is to hover over a username on a post or activity stream, then click recent activity:

The second method requires no popup, instead click on the username to navigate to their profile, then click the Activity link in the profile navigation bar to see the user's activity:

If you prefer not to click on a username directly from a post, you can also just search for the user using the search box at the top of every screen. Type the username and select People to present a link directly to the user's profile:

I hope that helps.

• Hi ,

I am sorry that you are not happy with the forums design. I do want to bring to your attention two easy ways to find your (or any user's) recent activity. The first is to hover over a username on a post or activity stream, then click recent activity:

The second method requires no popup, instead click on the username to navigate to their profile, then click the Activity link in the profile navigation bar to see the user's activity:

If you prefer not to click on a username directly from a post, you can also just search for the user using the search box at the top of every screen. Type the username and select People to present a link directly to the user's profile:

I hope that helps.

Children
No Data