Upload speed ETC site

Hi

Is there a possibility to increase the upload speed from the ETC site. Currently located in Norway and upload speed from the ETC site is very very slow, to download a new software version for a console takes up to 20min for a 230MB file. A perfect time to to take lunch, but very annoying to spend all that time waiting for a download to complete. 

Could it be an idea to have a mirror server located at the London office?

Maybe not the correct forum tread, but could not find a specific tread for questions regarding the ETC website.

Parents
  • Hi Sivert,

This is a fine place to post this type of question. Can you say which file you were trying to download that saw slow speeds?

For public downloads (things available on etcconnect.com without logging in), we've recently switched to using a Content Delivery Network to have more distributed servers around the world which should speed up download times.

For security reasons, non-public downloads (betas, etc.) still travel back to Wisconsin.
  • Hi Kirk. Thanks for the info, download speeds has increased a bit and I'm happy to hear that ETC has distributed the content to the rest of us around the world. The average download speed is now 2Mb/s for public and 230Kb/s for non-public downloads to Norway.
    Just want to mention that the link to standard drawings & blocks library from My Etc site (www.etcconnect.com/MyETC/Standard-Drawing-Library/) is not working, error to many redirects.
  • Hi Kirk. Thanks for the info, download speeds has increased a bit and I'm happy to hear that ETC has distributed the content to the rest of us around the world. The average download speed is now 2Mb/s for public and 230Kb/s for non-public downloads to Norway.
    Just want to mention that the link to standard drawings & blocks library from My Etc site (www.etcconnect.com/MyETC/Standard-Drawing-Library/) is not working, error to many redirects.
Children
No Data