Forum issue

I know this is not in the correct category but I can't find any place for Forum issues. Can this please be moved to wherever it needs to reside.

I keep showing two already read notifications in my lightning bolt on the Forum home page even after I click on them and read them. It technically always says "You have 3 unread notifications" however one never even shows up when using unread. I already asked about that one a while back and was basically told it's extremely difficult to fix that. But now I have two read ones that won't unread.

?????

Parents
  • Hi Jeff,

Are you saying that you want to mark an already read notification as unread again? If so, the system doesn't support that functionality.

Are you saying that you have a notification for a piece of content that you've already read and continues to show up in your notification list (but not in the unread filter)? If so, this is due to the process that cleans up after read notifications running on a schedule so you might see them stick around for a bit, but they should disappear after a while.

For the unread notifications that have the badge but no content to read (likely due to the content being spam and deleted), you are correct that this isn't something that can be resolved at present, but it should be resolved in an forums upgrade that should be coming in the near future.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Kirk
  • Sorry I wasn't clear. Kind of hard to describe.
    Top tool bar shows lightning bolt.
    When there are unread items it shows a white number in a red circle.
    It is always 1 when there are NO unread messages. That was another post where I was basically told it can't be fixed easily at all.
    Now I have two more. Therefore it shows a 3; one that isn't even there and two that always show up blue when choosing unread. I have clicked on the two messages several times under the unread category but they keep showing up. All other read messages go to white and don't show unread once I open them.
  • Sorry I wasn't clear. Kind of hard to describe.
    Top tool bar shows lightning bolt.
    When there are unread items it shows a white number in a red circle.
    It is always 1 when there are NO unread messages. That was another post where I was basically told it can't be fixed easily at all.
    Now I have two more. Therefore it shows a 3; one that isn't even there and two that always show up blue when choosing unread. I have clicked on the two messages several times under the unread category but they keep showing up. All other read messages go to white and don't show unread once I open them.
Children
No Data