Consistent Forum appearance

Hello,

it is hard to find a spot to post this, so i decided it will be here.

In the hole ETC-Forum i feel that every part-Forum has a slightly different look.
So i find it hard to have a overview of the news i missed during my last visit.

I do love most the Eos Family-Consoles.

I highlighted the Forum-Thread list which i find very nice and helpfull.
And i would like to see this in all the other Forums as well.

Is this possible?

And is there a specific reason why it is not consistent all over the ETC-Forum?

yours

thilda

Parents
  • Hi thilda,

Thank you so much for the feedback. The answer to your question is that the Eos group and certain other groups were originally setup differently than later groups and this just wasn't actively considered. The thread list widget in those groups was always filtering to unread by user so I've updated the title to reflect that as well as ensured it will appear in every public group.

Because of caching, you may see, from time to time, that there are threads that appear as read in the list for a while. This is normal and the cache will catch up to your activity. Also, the entire list will disappear when you have no unread threads in that group and again may take a bit to reappear when new threads are posted after it had been hidden.

Finally, you can always customize the home page using the pencil icon in the upper left corner to add widgets that filter to the items you are most interested in. While you can't hide the regular view of the home page, you can put your widgets above them to push the main look of the page further down.

Thanks,

Kirk

• Dear Kirk,

thank you very much for the detailed answer.

Nevertheless i am not able to see a Pencile-Tool in my browser (Opera v94.0.4606.38 on Win10)
    But the unread-List is now visible.

Thank you very much.

thilda

• Hi thilda,

The Pencil Tool will only appear on the home page without any additional items in the URL:

If your browser is sized too small to be recognized as a desktop size, try making the window wider. Otherwise, you should be able to see this by clicking on the ETC logo in the header then looking to the left of the logo.

• The Pencil Tool will only appear on the home page without any additional items in the URL

Aha,

that made the trick.
    Even though, i swaer, i never ever have seen this before. And i like to click the ETC Logo.

But it is there. Time to play with the Pencil-Tool ; )

Thank you very much.

Reply Children
No Data