x-Spot Lens tool?

Hey guys,

So what ever happened to develping a tool to open the lens tube the x-Spot.:confused:

I've got a bunch 0f 2:1 Xtremes that have all kinds of residue (from F-100 HQ fog) on the inside of the supposedly sealed lens tube.:rolleyes:

I've got some lovely lens/dichroic cleaning fluid from Rosco and really nice micro-fiber lens wipes on standby just waiting to make things clear again!:sad2:
Parents
  • The easiest way we have found the internal faces is as follows.

4:1 Lens - Remove only the lamp end of the lens. Carefully remove two of the small screws and plastic bearings from the first internal lens. It should now be possible to turn the lens and remove from the barrel. I recommend using a silver pen and marking front and lamp direction on lens.. Now remove two screws from the second lens. Again turn lens and remove from the bottom. You can now get to all faces of the lens assembly. Rebuilding is reversal of above.

2:1 Lens - Remove the lamp end of the lens. Most are only hand tight. Now securely grip two flat blade screwdrivers in a vice. Invert the lens and place the retaining ring cutouts over the screwdrivers. You can now gentle remove the ring by turn ing the barrel. This is alot safer and easier than tapping away with a single screwdriver and a hammer

We have been using this method on our stock of x-spots ( 100 + ) for the last couple of years after the build-up of smoke oil and dirt. Our X-Spots are as opticaly perfect as when we got then.

Hope this help

Jurgen

p.s. a tool would be useful though................
  • The easiest way we have found the internal faces is as follows.

4:1 Lens - Remove only the lamp end of the lens. Carefully remove two of the small screws and plastic bearings from the first internal lens. It should now be possible to turn the lens and remove from the barrel. I recommend using a silver pen and marking front and lamp direction on lens.. Now remove two screws from the second lens. Again turn lens and remove from the bottom. You can now get to all faces of the lens assembly. Rebuilding is reversal of above.

2:1 Lens - Remove the lamp end of the lens. Most are only hand tight. Now securely grip two flat blade screwdrivers in a vice. Invert the lens and place the retaining ring cutouts over the screwdrivers. You can now gentle remove the ring by turn ing the barrel. This is alot safer and easier than tapping away with a single screwdriver and a hammer

We have been using this method on our stock of x-spots ( 100 + ) for the last couple of years after the build-up of smoke oil and dirt. Our X-Spots are as opticaly perfect as when we got then.

Hope this help

Jurgen

p.s. a tool would be useful though................
Children
No Data
Related