x-Spot Lens tool?

Hey guys,

So what ever happened to develping a tool to open the lens tube the x-Spot.:confused:

I've got a bunch 0f 2:1 Xtremes that have all kinds of residue (from F-100 HQ fog) on the inside of the supposedly sealed lens tube.:rolleyes:

I've got some lovely lens/dichroic cleaning fluid from Rosco and really nice micro-fiber lens wipes on standby just waiting to make things clear again!:sad2:
Parents
  • Thanks Jurgen.

Yeah, I've cleaned the fixtures out in this manner several times myself.

I use the ROSCO Lens & Dichroic cleaner on all the glass elements with microfiber lens cloths....this works better than anything else I've ever used before in servicing lights with the ammount of crud that gets sucked through these things.

The venue that these fixtures live in is a very dirty nightclub, and I've found that 3-mos is the maximum I can go before cleaning them out, but yes that process is very quick!

The time intensive issue here is with the actual removal of the lens barrel so that the front can be "unscrewed" in the manner described and to clean the inner surfaces.

A tool that would allow us to simply take off the clam-shell covers..clamp onto the front of the lens tube and unscrew the front would be a hugely time saving tool!:)
  • Thanks Jurgen.

Yeah, I've cleaned the fixtures out in this manner several times myself.

I use the ROSCO Lens & Dichroic cleaner on all the glass elements with microfiber lens cloths....this works better than anything else I've ever used before in servicing lights with the ammount of crud that gets sucked through these things.

The venue that these fixtures live in is a very dirty nightclub, and I've found that 3-mos is the maximum I can go before cleaning them out, but yes that process is very quick!

The time intensive issue here is with the actual removal of the lens barrel so that the front can be "unscrewed" in the manner described and to clean the inner surfaces.

A tool that would allow us to simply take off the clam-shell covers..clamp onto the front of the lens tube and unscrew the front would be a hugely time saving tool!:)
Children
No Data
Related