trackspot lamp problem

there's couple of trackspot i used for star curtain.

but every once or twice being used. the lamp's blown
infact its brand new. this happen more than one of it.

can't efford for this to happen during showtime.

used philip,osram,GE. Its all the same result couple of time of used, its over.

what could be the cause?
Parents
  • Josh,

I would assume that the Trackspot lamp is less susceptible to problems from handling than higher wattage arc lamps, but I would still handle all lamps with care, avoiding touching them if possible and wiping off any human grease with an alcohol wipe if you touch them accidentally.

Justin,

Lamps generate the most heat inside a lighting fixture. Fixtures are designed to radiate this heat outside of the fixture using heat sinks and fans because both lamps and electrical components are more likely to fail at extremely high temperatures. A number of things can reduce a fixture's ability to cool itself, including malfunctioning fans, blocked vents, excessive dirt and dust in the fixture, or operating the fixture in an environment that already has a high temperature. Check to see if any of these seem to be the case. If you have some Trackspots that are working normally and others that are not, see if the problem units feel as if they are hotter than the others.
  • Josh,

I would assume that the Trackspot lamp is less susceptible to problems from handling than higher wattage arc lamps, but I would still handle all lamps with care, avoiding touching them if possible and wiping off any human grease with an alcohol wipe if you touch them accidentally.

Justin,

Lamps generate the most heat inside a lighting fixture. Fixtures are designed to radiate this heat outside of the fixture using heat sinks and fans because both lamps and electrical components are more likely to fail at extremely high temperatures. A number of things can reduce a fixture's ability to cool itself, including malfunctioning fans, blocked vents, excessive dirt and dust in the fixture, or operating the fixture in an environment that already has a high temperature. Check to see if any of these seem to be the case. If you have some Trackspots that are working normally and others that are not, see if the problem units feel as if they are hotter than the others.
Children
No Data
Related