Color Command Lamps: 6981P = CLD or Not?

Is the Philips Lamp 6981P speced for the Color Command the same as standard GLD? They both have the same base type and specs for 750-Watts / 3200K / 300 Hours. Just wondering as the GLD is a more common lamp that seems to be cheaper and easer to get in a pinch. Thanks.

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates, Inc.
Parents
  • Any place I have looked have told me that they don't have them. I just gave up and ordered the other lamps. Since I am not doing any color critical mixing, I don't care much if I have the correct lamp. I really don't notice a difference between them in looking at them next to eachother. Plus the other is much easier to find and everyone carries those.

I think HES should have chosen a better lamp as their standard for this fixture since no one seems to have this or stock it.

Ryan
  • Any place I have looked have told me that they don't have them. I just gave up and ordered the other lamps. Since I am not doing any color critical mixing, I don't care much if I have the correct lamp. I really don't notice a difference between them in looking at them next to eachother. Plus the other is much easier to find and everyone carries those.

I think HES should have chosen a better lamp as their standard for this fixture since no one seems to have this or stock it.

Ryan
Children
No Data
Related