Studio Spot 250 Lamp Strike Issue

So we have several Studio Spot 250s and one of them has developed an irritating quirk. Upon powerup, the instrument will strike and behave normally, but after a few minutes the lamp will go out.

If we allow it to cool down, we can restrike the lamp, but again, after a few minutes the lamp will once again go out.

We have tried several differnt lamps and that is not the issue.

On a whim, I swapped out the thermal sensor with another instrument to see if I just had a hyper-sensitive sensor for some reason. But that was not the problem.

Any suggestions?
Parents
  • The fans are working fine and the DMX functionality works for every other aspect (pan, tilt, etc.).

I am just getting LITE OUT error message on the display screen once the lamp goes out.

I have been doctoring several sick Mac2ks this week, so haven't really had a chance to do more in depth exploration into my Studio Spot (its kind of a pain to get to, on a platform on top of a 45ft tower)

I am not sure if the firmware has been updated, but that is definatly one thing I will look into next.

Any other suggestions are very appreciated... I could just be missing something obvious and need it smacked in my face :)

I will keep testing and try and diagnose a bit more. This instrument is not crucial to the instillation, so this is definatly a back burner project of mine.
  • The fans are working fine and the DMX functionality works for every other aspect (pan, tilt, etc.).

I am just getting LITE OUT error message on the display screen once the lamp goes out.

I have been doctoring several sick Mac2ks this week, so haven't really had a chance to do more in depth exploration into my Studio Spot (its kind of a pain to get to, on a platform on top of a 45ft tower)

I am not sure if the firmware has been updated, but that is definatly one thing I will look into next.

Any other suggestions are very appreciated... I could just be missing something obvious and need it smacked in my face :)

I will keep testing and try and diagnose a bit more. This instrument is not crucial to the instillation, so this is definatly a back burner project of mine.
Children
No Data
Related