technobeam color wheel issues

I've recently taken over a new venue and have some broken technos.Pan and tilt works just fine but I cannot get control of anything else.The adresses are different and the patch in the hog 2 is in order as well.At power all seems well, then blows chunks.Any suggestions could help, and yes apperently they are terminated.:dunno:
Parents
  • Terminator plugs can go bad. 120 ohm @1/4 watt solder between pins 2 and 3 on a male XLR. ]
    As a test of your t-birds address all to a common address (this takes mis-addressing out of the picture) Now do a full function test. Everything ought to be identical. If not you got some bad motors most likely. Be sure to air blow the units clean and dont be a *** and use a can of air. They suck. Get an air comp with a tank. Sink it right down on top of the sensors and blast that crap out of the units making sure you never blow thru a fan that is connected to the PCB!!:nono: Thats what chopsticks are made for, to block the rotation of the blades but allow you get the crap out of the units without running voltage back to the PCB. Spin a DC motor and it generates power. Always detach the fan plug at the board.
    If the units have been up for over 6 months just bring em all down, clean em, & test em. At least you then will know where you stand. While your at it gut them and clean em out completely.:D Makes replacing bad motors easy with the unit out of the shell. (My prefered method):headbang:
  • Terminator plugs can go bad. 120 ohm @1/4 watt solder between pins 2 and 3 on a male XLR. ]
    As a test of your t-birds address all to a common address (this takes mis-addressing out of the picture) Now do a full function test. Everything ought to be identical. If not you got some bad motors most likely. Be sure to air blow the units clean and dont be a *** and use a can of air. They suck. Get an air comp with a tank. Sink it right down on top of the sensors and blast that crap out of the units making sure you never blow thru a fan that is connected to the PCB!!:nono: Thats what chopsticks are made for, to block the rotation of the blades but allow you get the crap out of the units without running voltage back to the PCB. Spin a DC motor and it generates power. Always detach the fan plug at the board.
    If the units have been up for over 6 months just bring em all down, clean em, & test em. At least you then will know where you stand. While your at it gut them and clean em out completely.:D Makes replacing bad motors easy with the unit out of the shell. (My prefered method):headbang:
Children
No Data
Related