trackspot mirror bounce

Hello,

We have 2 tracks that seem to be doing this.
First, one track does not find "home" in the same place during startup. I think it has to do with the bounce.

the bounce is when the mirror is hard paned to one side. I not sure if its better on one side or another, but when it hits the stop, it bounces out to the middle. I'm looking for some help for the possible cause. I don't think it would be software, could it be the motor? I guess one thing to check, is to see that there is voltage on all pins of the control wire at the motor.

any other thoughts?

thanks.
Parents
  • Yes! The newer tracspots use the same brakes as the Technobeam.

The older ones use a spring plunger with a nylon tip to add friction.
    You will see a threaded plunger that goes thru the mount that holds the mirror and comes in contact with the motor flange. Grab a small vice grip and screw in into the motor 1/2 or 1/4 turns at a time till the flip out stops. You can also tighten it by loosening the 2 set screws holding the flange to the mirror and press it into the motor a bit more and tightening the hex screws while holding pressure against the motor.

When were your tracspots made? Its on the end of the unit.
  • Yes! The newer tracspots use the same brakes as the Technobeam.

The older ones use a spring plunger with a nylon tip to add friction.
    You will see a threaded plunger that goes thru the mount that holds the mirror and comes in contact with the motor flange. Grab a small vice grip and screw in into the motor 1/2 or 1/4 turns at a time till the flip out stops. You can also tighten it by loosening the 2 set screws holding the flange to the mirror and press it into the motor a bit more and tightening the hex screws while holding pressure against the motor.

When were your tracspots made? Its on the end of the unit.
Children
No Data
Related