intellabeam midi out

im using a pc based dmx lighting controller for my fixtures in place of our old intellabeam controller. my question is this... can i use the midi output function of my old intellabeam controller to send midi data to a midi interface connected to the new computer? i like the feel of the old controller and would like to map those buttons to buttons on the software. i connected the midi out of the controller to my midi router and so far i haven't been able to receive a signal. i turned the midi out on inside the controller. any assitance would be greatly appreciated! cheers!
-spinn
Parents
  • Hello, no this is not possible. The MIDI In functionality on the LCD or LED controllers is limited to receiveing MIDI Show Control commands from a MIDI Show Control system etc.

The MIDI Out can act as a MIDI Out or a MIDI Through.

When acting as a MIDI Out, it will only echo out the preset information played on the controller. If you play Preset 3, it will send out the information for Preset 3.

When the MIDI Out is acting as a MIDI Through, it will send the MIDI signal from the Show Control System onto another controller, like daisy chaining the data lines on the fixtures.

Is there a reason you cannot use the Intellabeam controller?

Mitch
  • Hello, no this is not possible. The MIDI In functionality on the LCD or LED controllers is limited to receiveing MIDI Show Control commands from a MIDI Show Control system etc.

The MIDI Out can act as a MIDI Out or a MIDI Through.

When acting as a MIDI Out, it will only echo out the preset information played on the controller. If you play Preset 3, it will send out the information for Preset 3.

When the MIDI Out is acting as a MIDI Through, it will send the MIDI signal from the Show Control System onto another controller, like daisy chaining the data lines on the fixtures.

Is there a reason you cannot use the Intellabeam controller?

Mitch
Children
No Data
Related