intellabeam midi out

im using a pc based dmx lighting controller for my fixtures in place of our old intellabeam controller. my question is this... can i use the midi output function of my old intellabeam controller to send midi data to a midi interface connected to the new computer? i like the feel of the old controller and would like to map those buttons to buttons on the software. i connected the midi out of the controller to my midi router and so far i haven't been able to receive a signal. i turned the midi out on inside the controller. any assitance would be greatly appreciated! cheers!
-spinn
Parents
  • Puffy,

I've programmed the MLC-16D on a number of occasions and certainly think that it has it's place in the world, but I do want to take issue with your statement about it doing 80% of what a Hog 500 will. If my memory serves, it's a console with no faders and a 2-line character display that can only control 16 fixtures. It's going to be very tough to do anything that would compare to cuelist playback with it's scene system.

Feel free to disagree, it's been a while since I've used one. I just want to make sure we're comparing apples to apples.
  • Puffy,

I've programmed the MLC-16D on a number of occasions and certainly think that it has it's place in the world, but I do want to take issue with your statement about it doing 80% of what a Hog 500 will. If my memory serves, it's a console with no faders and a 2-line character display that can only control 16 fixtures. It's going to be very tough to do anything that would compare to cuelist playback with it's scene system.

Feel free to disagree, it's been a while since I've used one. I just want to make sure we're comparing apples to apples.
Children
No Data
Related