intellabeam midi out

im using a pc based dmx lighting controller for my fixtures in place of our old intellabeam controller. my question is this... can i use the midi output function of my old intellabeam controller to send midi data to a midi interface connected to the new computer? i like the feel of the old controller and would like to map those buttons to buttons on the software. i connected the midi out of the controller to my midi router and so far i haven't been able to receive a signal. i turned the midi out on inside the controller. any assitance would be greatly appreciated! cheers!
-spinn
Parents
  • It's no hog thats for sure. But Spinnaker seems to like buttons and a joystick. For under 1k in a small dance club it rocks. Simple to use and works on the fly with modern dance excelently. Need another universe? Midi two together, takes me 45 seconds and Im ready to go. If I'm doing a rock show I have my Hog IPC and some playback wings for that.
    There Hog rules.:hogsign:
    In a dance environment with only 20 min to program for 2k people I'll take the MLC hands down and you wont see the same thing twice all night once I get one in freestyle mode. In 20 min I'd still be patching and makin pallets in the Hog.

I agree with him what a pain it is to program the I Beam boat anchor.:09: By todays standards it's a joke. Back then, HES made great fixtures, not controllers. For him I think the MLC would be the correct desk. Its cheap and in the right hands kicks ass. I think he would take to its simple operation like a duck to water.
    It's about the right tool for the right job.:banana: Thats all.
  • It's no hog thats for sure. But Spinnaker seems to like buttons and a joystick. For under 1k in a small dance club it rocks. Simple to use and works on the fly with modern dance excelently. Need another universe? Midi two together, takes me 45 seconds and Im ready to go. If I'm doing a rock show I have my Hog IPC and some playback wings for that.
    There Hog rules.:hogsign:
    In a dance environment with only 20 min to program for 2k people I'll take the MLC hands down and you wont see the same thing twice all night once I get one in freestyle mode. In 20 min I'd still be patching and makin pallets in the Hog.

I agree with him what a pain it is to program the I Beam boat anchor.:09: By todays standards it's a joke. Back then, HES made great fixtures, not controllers. For him I think the MLC would be the correct desk. Its cheap and in the right hands kicks ass. I think he would take to its simple operation like a duck to water.
    It's about the right tool for the right job.:banana: Thats all.
Children
No Data
Related