intellabeam midi out

im using a pc based dmx lighting controller for my fixtures in place of our old intellabeam controller. my question is this... can i use the midi output function of my old intellabeam controller to send midi data to a midi interface connected to the new computer? i like the feel of the old controller and would like to map those buttons to buttons on the software. i connected the midi out of the controller to my midi router and so far i haven't been able to receive a signal. i turned the midi out on inside the controller. any assitance would be greatly appreciated! cheers!
-spinn
Parents
  • u guys are talking apples & oranges... im talking a HES / Elation fruit salad ;) the nsi looks nice and might be a option for out outdoor system... i've already got the emulator controller and the elation software. i love the feel of the lightwave controller, and the ease & versatility of the elation compupro system. i have a "dead" emulator controller and i've decided im going to try this...
    www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_core_v3.jpg
    www.ucapps.de/mbhp_core.html

i have the schematics of the emulator controller and the schematics for the midibox system. combining the button/led matrix & the analog joystick & knobs of the controller faceplate to the midibox system looks rather painless. i'll probably just use the faceplate and build my own rear half of the chassis with the proper ouputs. (make the unit shallow) im guessing with enough expertise in programming, i could program the stock components to output midi, but that is most likely way out of my league. the midibox looks like the affordable, within my capability solution for what im trying to do. i'll post pictures of the project as it progresses. thanks for the input guys! wish me luck! :D
    -spinn

www.vinyladdiction.com/forum/emulator_small.jpg
  • u guys are talking apples & oranges... im talking a HES / Elation fruit salad ;) the nsi looks nice and might be a option for out outdoor system... i've already got the emulator controller and the elation software. i love the feel of the lightwave controller, and the ease & versatility of the elation compupro system. i have a "dead" emulator controller and i've decided im going to try this...
    www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_core_v3.jpg
    www.ucapps.de/mbhp_core.html

i have the schematics of the emulator controller and the schematics for the midibox system. combining the button/led matrix & the analog joystick & knobs of the controller faceplate to the midibox system looks rather painless. i'll probably just use the faceplate and build my own rear half of the chassis with the proper ouputs. (make the unit shallow) im guessing with enough expertise in programming, i could program the stock components to output midi, but that is most likely way out of my league. the midibox looks like the affordable, within my capability solution for what im trying to do. i'll post pictures of the project as it progresses. thanks for the input guys! wish me luck! :D
    -spinn

www.vinyladdiction.com/forum/emulator_small.jpg
Children
No Data
Related