Cyberlight SV - Lamp intensity output question?

:06: Hey, I have six Cyberlight SV's and am working on repairing a few minor issues. I will be posting more threads in the near future as I get to individual problems. However, my question today is:
Why do one of my Cyber SV's look less bright than the other ones when put side by side? I have new lamps in all the units and have cleaned all the insides. Is something about to fail? Is there any test I can do? The lamp alignment screws in the back do not seem to make much difference when adjusted... Thanks! :1zhelp:
Parents
  • First question.. How clean is the light path including the reflector and all colors, color flags zoom lenses and the like. While you have them apart clean the units till it looks like glass down the light path. After all it is!

Clean the fans right down to the fin. A through dose with the air gun is always a good thing. Spray some 'scrubbing bubbles' on the outsides and wipe the down good. It will remove all the scum and leave you with a unit looking a lot better than when you started and have a nice fresh smell.:p Insides too if you have to remove the sleds to do other repairs.

Check to see if someone has the lamp adjustment all the way to the rear on one or all of the three axis. You can look at the others to get an idea of the amount of gap there will be between the lamp holder and the backing plate. Try again to optimize the lamp.

Check the lamp holder for carbon. You can buff it off with a little 200 grit emory/sand paper wrapped around something 3/16 big.

Take a look at the lamp itself, you could have a 'bad' one. Look at its color and clarity (off not on) If it has more black than the others, there might be a problem. Also how new is 'new'?

Join us tomorrow for another episode of "As the lamp burns"!:18:

I do so love clean fixtures so I can blind the hell out of the Gumbys!:Eyecrazy:
  • First question.. How clean is the light path including the reflector and all colors, color flags zoom lenses and the like. While you have them apart clean the units till it looks like glass down the light path. After all it is!

Clean the fans right down to the fin. A through dose with the air gun is always a good thing. Spray some 'scrubbing bubbles' on the outsides and wipe the down good. It will remove all the scum and leave you with a unit looking a lot better than when you started and have a nice fresh smell.:p Insides too if you have to remove the sleds to do other repairs.

Check to see if someone has the lamp adjustment all the way to the rear on one or all of the three axis. You can look at the others to get an idea of the amount of gap there will be between the lamp holder and the backing plate. Try again to optimize the lamp.

Check the lamp holder for carbon. You can buff it off with a little 200 grit emory/sand paper wrapped around something 3/16 big.

Take a look at the lamp itself, you could have a 'bad' one. Look at its color and clarity (off not on) If it has more black than the others, there might be a problem. Also how new is 'new'?

Join us tomorrow for another episode of "As the lamp burns"!:18:

I do so love clean fixtures so I can blind the hell out of the Gumbys!:Eyecrazy:
Children
No Data
Related