HELP WITH EMULATOR??

Been oferded good deal??? on 4x emulators + controller for low dollars.
No lamps in light units & no idea what model controler is.No idea what there worth.(lamps or the lights):confused:
Can anyone give me a basic run down on what these things are capable of?
Can put some pics on msn if need bee. Offer closes Sunday.ANY HELP APPRECIATED.:rtfm:cANT FIND MUCH INFO SO FAR BUT KEEP LOOKIN.Thanx:Eyecrazy:
Parents
  • I am guessing you are referring to the 4 on Trademe. Seems like good value to me at this stage, but it depends on what you want to do with them. The drawback is that the lamps will cost you an arm and leg. I found a site that is selling the lamps E150X for $379 US. Don't know if they are availible in NZ easily, except try calling Oceania Lighting in Auckland. Also be aware that they are made in the early '90s, and dont run DMX, but you can always download the instructions from here under the support section.
    The purpose of these lights is to create a laser effect without actually being a laser. They do some pretty funky patterns and colours, and were the best you could get in the early '90s when real lasers cost an absolute fortune. Nowdays small lasers are selling for a reasonable price just about anywhere.
    If you can source the lamps for them cheaply, then they are worth a try. The trouble is that without the lamp, you can't easily tell if the rest of the fixture is working properly either, so you have to take the chance.

I hope this has been some help, or am I way off the mark?
  • I am guessing you are referring to the 4 on Trademe. Seems like good value to me at this stage, but it depends on what you want to do with them. The drawback is that the lamps will cost you an arm and leg. I found a site that is selling the lamps E150X for $379 US. Don't know if they are availible in NZ easily, except try calling Oceania Lighting in Auckland. Also be aware that they are made in the early '90s, and dont run DMX, but you can always download the instructions from here under the support section.
    The purpose of these lights is to create a laser effect without actually being a laser. They do some pretty funky patterns and colours, and were the best you could get in the early '90s when real lasers cost an absolute fortune. Nowdays small lasers are selling for a reasonable price just about anywhere.
    If you can source the lamps for them cheaply, then they are worth a try. The trouble is that without the lamp, you can't easily tell if the rest of the fixture is working properly either, so you have to take the chance.

I hope this has been some help, or am I way off the mark?
Children
No Data
Related