Help, 575 Spot and Color sensors

We have a few 575 Studio Spot and Colors that are having some type of sensor issues. Syptom; fixtures power on and home but do not strike. Display reads a 'COOL' message, however, the fixtures are not hot because they were never on. What parts do I need, what do the sensors look like, where are they located with in the fixtures? ..Thanks Much!.. and sorry, Im new to this as you can probably tell, its just kind of up to me right now to deal with.
Parents
  • Long shot... How old are they? Carbon in the lamp socket or a leaky wire going to ground will have the effects described. Older units lamp holders and wires go bad sometimes from wear and tear. Check LPS fuses and all connections. Igniter card is a good bet also. The com cable between the LPS and the logic board can back off sometimes...
    Or check the voltage going to the igniter, ought to be 24+ at start then drops. Better yet, get an RA and send them to HES or a good tech.

On the 575 it is my experience the when you get sensor errors, it's the motors that have gone bad. Their sensors are almost bulletproof.
    Bad part is to a non tech tearing down the entire top end to replace motors ain't easy. Being so if the units are over 3 years old just replace em all.
    The 575 CMY zooms are a special treat getting the color wheels set properly. It's an art.:D I have 20 or so and if a motor goes bad you might as well call for a pizza, you're gone be here for a while.;) Remember the exact order of tear down or your gonna be here longer!:blackeye: Not for the timid.
  • Long shot... How old are they? Carbon in the lamp socket or a leaky wire going to ground will have the effects described. Older units lamp holders and wires go bad sometimes from wear and tear. Check LPS fuses and all connections. Igniter card is a good bet also. The com cable between the LPS and the logic board can back off sometimes...
    Or check the voltage going to the igniter, ought to be 24+ at start then drops. Better yet, get an RA and send them to HES or a good tech.

On the 575 it is my experience the when you get sensor errors, it's the motors that have gone bad. Their sensors are almost bulletproof.
    Bad part is to a non tech tearing down the entire top end to replace motors ain't easy. Being so if the units are over 3 years old just replace em all.
    The 575 CMY zooms are a special treat getting the color wheels set properly. It's an art.:D I have 20 or so and if a motor goes bad you might as well call for a pizza, you're gone be here for a while.;) Remember the exact order of tear down or your gonna be here longer!:blackeye: Not for the timid.
Children
No Data
Related