Original Emulator presets.

Hi there! Got 2 LWR Emulators + led controller. All preset data seems to be erased. Is there a way to get original presets to controller? Where can i get them?

cheers!
Parents
  • [quote=Puffyfish]I keep thinking there were some... all the letters and numbers..simple shapes etc..but thats about it.:dunno:
    I always wanted to throw a green 12mw yag in one and replace the lamp.
    It's servo motors did a pretty good job.

Just so out nomenclature is clear....;)

There are scanning "PROGRAMS" that live onboard the actual fixture and are called up via controller.

If using LCD/LED controller you get to them with the "PROGRAM" key, then you can adjust the scan size/speed/angle all that good stuff. This is just another set of parameters that are stored on "PAGES" that are then linked together to form "PRESETS".

The main difference between the LCD and LED controllers besides the display is greater control with the LCD model of the scale on X+Y axes and sync options as well if memory serves.

If your controller is then dumping the info for your PAGES and PRESETS when you power off, you probably need to replace the internal battery.

Rumor has it that some folks in the club business custom modified a small handful EMULATORS at one point that did have YAGs in them about 10 years ago, though I've never actually seen one of these. The big disadvantage of this is you get stuck with only that YAG "Lime Green". The color wheel is renedered usless.

Just as a point of clarification, the scanning motors are galvos, not servos as we're used to them. The other two motors for the gate and color wheel are steppers.

I had the pleasure of working for 6 years in a venue that had 22 of these bad-boys, but we ran them off our HOG with a DMX converter box from Interactive Technologies.
  • [quote=Puffyfish]I keep thinking there were some... all the letters and numbers..simple shapes etc..but thats about it.:dunno:
    I always wanted to throw a green 12mw yag in one and replace the lamp.
    It's servo motors did a pretty good job.

Just so out nomenclature is clear....;)

There are scanning "PROGRAMS" that live onboard the actual fixture and are called up via controller.

If using LCD/LED controller you get to them with the "PROGRAM" key, then you can adjust the scan size/speed/angle all that good stuff. This is just another set of parameters that are stored on "PAGES" that are then linked together to form "PRESETS".

The main difference between the LCD and LED controllers besides the display is greater control with the LCD model of the scale on X+Y axes and sync options as well if memory serves.

If your controller is then dumping the info for your PAGES and PRESETS when you power off, you probably need to replace the internal battery.

Rumor has it that some folks in the club business custom modified a small handful EMULATORS at one point that did have YAGs in them about 10 years ago, though I've never actually seen one of these. The big disadvantage of this is you get stuck with only that YAG "Lime Green". The color wheel is renedered usless.

Just as a point of clarification, the scanning motors are galvos, not servos as we're used to them. The other two motors for the gate and color wheel are steppers.

I had the pleasure of working for 6 years in a venue that had 22 of these bad-boys, but we ran them off our HOG with a DMX converter box from Interactive Technologies.
Children
No Data
Related