Studio Spot 250 Lamp Strike Issue (differnt one!)

So...

I have a Studio Spot 250.

It will home and not give any error messages but it's lamp will not strike.

Swapped Lamp. Good.
Swapped Logic board. Good.
Swapped Ballast. Good.
Swapped Ignitor. Good.

Found that one of the wires from ballast to ignitor has been severed at the moving head junction. Replaced wire.

Still does not work.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

-Scratch
LD Masquerade
Parents
  • The lamp hours did need to be reset but that was not the problem. The ignitor is not even getting the push to ignite the lamp. That telltale "zzzzzzzzzzt" sound as it ignites.

All the connections from Board to Ballast to Ignitor to Socket are able to conduct electricity.

I am just really frustrated. One other thing is I am not getting any Error MEssage at all. No LAMP ERR. Nada. Nothing. Zilch.

Edit: ok. Strangeness. I am missing a wire. I have two open next to one another. One is working fine. The one that I am having issues with is missing the LAD connecttion to the board. Right in the bank of connectors with the thermal sensor, pan encoder and tilt encoder. There should be another wire that simply is not there.

Some days I wonder what I have gotten myself into here...
  • The lamp hours did need to be reset but that was not the problem. The ignitor is not even getting the push to ignite the lamp. That telltale "zzzzzzzzzzt" sound as it ignites.

All the connections from Board to Ballast to Ignitor to Socket are able to conduct electricity.

I am just really frustrated. One other thing is I am not getting any Error MEssage at all. No LAMP ERR. Nada. Nothing. Zilch.

Edit: ok. Strangeness. I am missing a wire. I have two open next to one another. One is working fine. The one that I am having issues with is missing the LAD connecttion to the board. Right in the bank of connectors with the thermal sensor, pan encoder and tilt encoder. There should be another wire that simply is not there.

Some days I wonder what I have gotten myself into here...
Children
No Data
Related