Studio Spot 250 Lamp Strike Issue (differnt one!)

So...

I have a Studio Spot 250.

It will home and not give any error messages but it's lamp will not strike.

Swapped Lamp. Good.
Swapped Logic board. Good.
Swapped Ballast. Good.
Swapped Ignitor. Good.

Found that one of the wires from ballast to ignitor has been severed at the moving head junction. Replaced wire.

Still does not work.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

-Scratch
LD Masquerade
Parents
  • The LAD cable is for the Laser in the front that was an option. If you do not have the laser then there is no need for that cable.

I assume that you are feeding it DMX or telling it to turn on the menu to get the lamp to strike. Unless it is receiving DMX or in Self Test or Presets the lamp will not strike on its own.

You can measure the voltage going into the ignitor to make sure that you are getting the 230V into the ignitor.

Just be sure to NOT connect your meter to the output terminal that goes to the lamp as that will be 2.5kV when it is striking and will blow your meter.
  • The LAD cable is for the Laser in the front that was an option. If you do not have the laser then there is no need for that cable.

I assume that you are feeding it DMX or telling it to turn on the menu to get the lamp to strike. Unless it is receiving DMX or in Self Test or Presets the lamp will not strike on its own.

You can measure the voltage going into the ignitor to make sure that you are getting the 230V into the ignitor.

Just be sure to NOT connect your meter to the output terminal that goes to the lamp as that will be 2.5kV when it is striking and will blow your meter.
Children
No Data
Related