Studio Spot 250 Lamp Strike Issue (differnt one!)

So...

I have a Studio Spot 250.

It will home and not give any error messages but it's lamp will not strike.

Swapped Lamp. Good.
Swapped Logic board. Good.
Swapped Ballast. Good.
Swapped Ignitor. Good.

Found that one of the wires from ballast to ignitor has been severed at the moving head junction. Replaced wire.

Still does not work.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

-Scratch
LD Masquerade
Parents
  • SBlairDamn...that's a good one Chris. I wouldn't have thought about that possibility.

Check post #2. :D

I replace about 5 a year out of the 150 around here. 50% are over 4 years old and the others developed nicks or damage from heavy handed techs and club minions yanking the wires during lamp swaps.:blackeye:

Find a dark room. Set up the fixture and remove her covers top and bottom. Mmmmm sexy... Check the lamp wires from ignitor to lamp. Pay close attention to "pinch points" When your done turn out the lights, crak open a beer and sit and enjoy being in a totaly dark room with a naked fixture for 10 minutes. Turn on the unit, after reset go thru the menu and fire the lamp. If the ignition jumps out of the wire you can see it but you got to be quick. Its lo-tech but it does work.

No dark room? Wet you hand and finger the cable...:eek: It works too but your gonna have a bad hair day when you find the break!:p But whats 30k in volts between friends.... had to...

These units are tuff even on the road. Club abuse (no cleaning, no love at all) is really hard but they come thru quite well till they choke and die from lack of air. I pound cleaning into all club owners heads from the get-go. I'll even show them how and what to do so they can do it to save money.;)

Those who don't are evil and sadistic bastards.:09: :18:
  • SBlairDamn...that's a good one Chris. I wouldn't have thought about that possibility.

Check post #2. :D

I replace about 5 a year out of the 150 around here. 50% are over 4 years old and the others developed nicks or damage from heavy handed techs and club minions yanking the wires during lamp swaps.:blackeye:

Find a dark room. Set up the fixture and remove her covers top and bottom. Mmmmm sexy... Check the lamp wires from ignitor to lamp. Pay close attention to "pinch points" When your done turn out the lights, crak open a beer and sit and enjoy being in a totaly dark room with a naked fixture for 10 minutes. Turn on the unit, after reset go thru the menu and fire the lamp. If the ignition jumps out of the wire you can see it but you got to be quick. Its lo-tech but it does work.

No dark room? Wet you hand and finger the cable...:eek: It works too but your gonna have a bad hair day when you find the break!:p But whats 30k in volts between friends.... had to...

These units are tuff even on the road. Club abuse (no cleaning, no love at all) is really hard but they come thru quite well till they choke and die from lack of air. I pound cleaning into all club owners heads from the get-go. I'll even show them how and what to do so they can do it to save money.;)

Those who don't are evil and sadistic bastards.:09: :18:
Children
No Data
Related