DMX issue

Boy, I sure inherited a good venue...

Alright. New problem.

I have a CMY Studio Spot 575, then 4 Studio Spot 250s, another CMY Studio Spot 575, and then finally a Colorpower Box before the run terminates.

Worked beautifully for a year until last week. All my movers are not listening now. The Colormergers at the end of the run are still trucking along and listening to the hog, but there is nothing out of the movers.

Ideas? Suggestions?

-scratch
Parents
  • [quote=Marty Postma]Ahhh the paranormal mysteries of DMX.....

I also make it a general rule not to mix different fixture types on the same line if I can (budget permitting).

Opto-splitting is often the fix to many DMX oddities. It might mean a few more data home-runs, but I've found it to be worthwhile.

Amen brother, preach on!:notworthy:
    Theres something about Cybers and Color powers, they just dont seem to play well with others.:poke: Then theres always 'OPL' (other peoples lighting) cough.. Made wherever by who ever with what ever as parts.

Start the search on the end and work your way back to control. It wont take long.
  • [quote=Marty Postma]Ahhh the paranormal mysteries of DMX.....

I also make it a general rule not to mix different fixture types on the same line if I can (budget permitting).

Opto-splitting is often the fix to many DMX oddities. It might mean a few more data home-runs, but I've found it to be worthwhile.

Amen brother, preach on!:notworthy:
    Theres something about Cybers and Color powers, they just dont seem to play well with others.:poke: Then theres always 'OPL' (other peoples lighting) cough.. Made wherever by who ever with what ever as parts.

Start the search on the end and work your way back to control. It wont take long.
Children
No Data
Related