Technobeam

Hello,

I want to buy six TECHNOBEAM made in 1998. Are there problems known on the machines manufactured this year there? Are they good machines?
I am sorry, but my English is very bad because I am French.

Thank you very much.
Parents
  • Wow,
    Seems that you have had a slightly different experience with techno's, must be different batches :D

Alot of the problems you have had I will agree with, things like the fx wheel, and pan or tilt losing alighnment on older fixtures, although I will say that a new motor always fixes mine...
    I have 16 Techno's across 4 national tours, and luckily for me, I have never had a problem with the displays, and I think I have only had a problem with the buttons once...
    And I agree wholeheartedly about the Slides and yoke hardware, You probably know this trick, but for everyone else,
    The slides in the side of the technobeam are symetrical, so if the holes get stripped out, you can flip it over and use the other end of the slide..
    Works great in a emergency situation.
    I wish that Color Pro's had 2 sets of holes...
    Of course, this doesn't fix the bolts or the T-handles, But if you replace them when they start to strip out it seems to make the slides last longer...
    Oh and for the plastic cylinder, I assume you are talking about the power factor Capacitor, I have not seen one break, but I see the possiblity, although it must have been a very rough road, in a spring ride trailer??
    Just FYI, newer fixtures have metal power factor capacitors..
    One of the things I see fairly often is the tabs on the focus tube breaking off, Not a tough fix, I usually just ziptie the focus tube closed...
    And of course as with all moving lights, motors, motors, motors...
    Joshua Wood
  • Wow,
    Seems that you have had a slightly different experience with techno's, must be different batches :D

Alot of the problems you have had I will agree with, things like the fx wheel, and pan or tilt losing alighnment on older fixtures, although I will say that a new motor always fixes mine...
    I have 16 Techno's across 4 national tours, and luckily for me, I have never had a problem with the displays, and I think I have only had a problem with the buttons once...
    And I agree wholeheartedly about the Slides and yoke hardware, You probably know this trick, but for everyone else,
    The slides in the side of the technobeam are symetrical, so if the holes get stripped out, you can flip it over and use the other end of the slide..
    Works great in a emergency situation.
    I wish that Color Pro's had 2 sets of holes...
    Of course, this doesn't fix the bolts or the T-handles, But if you replace them when they start to strip out it seems to make the slides last longer...
    Oh and for the plastic cylinder, I assume you are talking about the power factor Capacitor, I have not seen one break, but I see the possiblity, although it must have been a very rough road, in a spring ride trailer??
    Just FYI, newer fixtures have metal power factor capacitors..
    One of the things I see fairly often is the tabs on the focus tube breaking off, Not a tough fix, I usually just ziptie the focus tube closed...
    And of course as with all moving lights, motors, motors, motors...
    Joshua Wood
Children
No Data
Related