Studio Color Shutter Problems?

I have two studio colors 575s right next to each other, and one of them will not illuminate. The lamp is struck, and no errors appear, but the shutter won't open or something. Would that motor go out and not trigger an error?
Parents
  • Well I will help you find out quickly whats wrong before you tear your bulkheads apart.
    Do a self test with the lens bezel off using these steps.
    I will give all steps in case you do not know the control panel.

1: Hold down both Menu and Enter buttons until the LOCK message goes away and should display MENU - hit enter
    2: Scroll down using the UP/Down buttons until you see TEST on the display - hit enter
    3: Scroll down again with the buttons until you see SELF on the display - hit enter
    4: You should see ALL. Now scroll down to SHUT (shutter) or DIM (iris douser) to test one or the other. Hit Enter with your choice
    5: If the iris or shutter is working properly you will see the iris opening and closing or if the shutter you will hear a slapping sound with a blade like swishing noise. This is a good start as if you do not have these there is a definite problem
    6: Now once you have isolated if something is wrong you have atleast two possible problems. A: Dead motor B: Logic Board problems (dead driver chip most likely)
    The motor is the most common failure but a quick way to check the motor is to use the above steps. Once you stop the self test you can try to manually try to move the non working motor if it will not move at all then seized and the motor if it moves too easily then it is dead which is more than likely the driver chip.
    Good luck all though it could be more or less complicated than this I hope this helps
  • Well I will help you find out quickly whats wrong before you tear your bulkheads apart.
    Do a self test with the lens bezel off using these steps.
    I will give all steps in case you do not know the control panel.

1: Hold down both Menu and Enter buttons until the LOCK message goes away and should display MENU - hit enter
    2: Scroll down using the UP/Down buttons until you see TEST on the display - hit enter
    3: Scroll down again with the buttons until you see SELF on the display - hit enter
    4: You should see ALL. Now scroll down to SHUT (shutter) or DIM (iris douser) to test one or the other. Hit Enter with your choice
    5: If the iris or shutter is working properly you will see the iris opening and closing or if the shutter you will hear a slapping sound with a blade like swishing noise. This is a good start as if you do not have these there is a definite problem
    6: Now once you have isolated if something is wrong you have atleast two possible problems. A: Dead motor B: Logic Board problems (dead driver chip most likely)
    The motor is the most common failure but a quick way to check the motor is to use the above steps. Once you stop the self test you can try to manually try to move the non working motor if it will not move at all then seized and the motor if it moves too easily then it is dead which is more than likely the driver chip.
    Good luck all though it could be more or less complicated than this I hope this helps
Children
No Data
Related