Noob with a sick Technobeam

Hello all,

I just today received my very first intellegent light, a used Technobeam i made in 2001 (black stripe w/ the laser) and I am getting a LTO, LTR and Color error. I'm pretty sure from what I have read here that the corresponding motors need replacing. I was getting a FX error as well, but after rototing the FX wheel manually it started working in the Self Test.

I would prefer to send this in for repairs. I'm in Washington State near Spokane and was wondering if any of you know of a repair center close by.

I might be up to replacing the motors myself, but I have a feeling that more adjustments/repairs might need to be done to this fixture as well as a good cleaning.

Any sugestions are welcome, and I hope to be an active part of the HES forum community.

Thanks,

David Schulz
Parents
  • [quote=Schulz]A few more things:

This Technobeam came with no mounting yoke, so I'll need to order one or, if one of you have an extra laying around I'll buy it!

It shows that it has over 3k on the lamp, so that probably needs to be replaced.

There are Technobeam motors on eBay going for 59.00 a piece. I think is a bit high in price yes?

I also have a Studio Spot 250 on the way. Some of the parts are the same as the Technobeam right?

Thanks,

David.

Your in luck! For the most part the Technobeams and the SS and SCOL 250 use a lot of the same parts and motors.
    $59.00 is a rip off!:rippedhand: They must think we are stupid.:dunce:
    List price OEM from HES is only $45.00!
    -------------------
    Considering the age your gonna put in quite a few motors... the force is strong on this one.. ;)
    Technobeam are easy to work on and tear down. Take your time and have a clean place to lay out your parts in order. You need to gut them to replace motors but thats a good thing in my view. It gives you full access to everything and the sled just slides right out. Keep a hand under the transformer so you don't bend the sled. I call it "birthing the baby".:D
  • [quote=Schulz]A few more things:

This Technobeam came with no mounting yoke, so I'll need to order one or, if one of you have an extra laying around I'll buy it!

It shows that it has over 3k on the lamp, so that probably needs to be replaced.

There are Technobeam motors on eBay going for 59.00 a piece. I think is a bit high in price yes?

I also have a Studio Spot 250 on the way. Some of the parts are the same as the Technobeam right?

Thanks,

David.

Your in luck! For the most part the Technobeams and the SS and SCOL 250 use a lot of the same parts and motors.
    $59.00 is a rip off!:rippedhand: They must think we are stupid.:dunce:
    List price OEM from HES is only $45.00!
    -------------------
    Considering the age your gonna put in quite a few motors... the force is strong on this one.. ;)
    Technobeam are easy to work on and tear down. Take your time and have a clean place to lay out your parts in order. You need to gut them to replace motors but thats a good thing in my view. It gives you full access to everything and the sled just slides right out. Keep a hand under the transformer so you don't bend the sled. I call it "birthing the baby".:D
Children
No Data
Related