Noob with a sick Technobeam

Hello all,

I just today received my very first intellegent light, a used Technobeam i made in 2001 (black stripe w/ the laser) and I am getting a LTO, LTR and Color error. I'm pretty sure from what I have read here that the corresponding motors need replacing. I was getting a FX error as well, but after rototing the FX wheel manually it started working in the Self Test.

I would prefer to send this in for repairs. I'm in Washington State near Spokane and was wondering if any of you know of a repair center close by.

I might be up to replacing the motors myself, but I have a feeling that more adjustments/repairs might need to be done to this fixture as well as a good cleaning.

Any sugestions are welcome, and I hope to be an active part of the HES forum community.

Thanks,

David Schulz
Parents
  • [quote=Schulz]Puffy,

Thanks for the encouragement. I recall you mentioning in another thread that you have the repair manuals on PDF. file. If I could get them for the Technobeam and Studio Spot 250 that would be awesome. I don't want to start taking stuff apart without knowing what all this stuff is.

Does HES still have these parts in stock?

Thanks,

David.

They have parts BUT, HES has sold the Technobeam To STRONG!
    Strong now is the parts source for the TB. Getting parts at the moment is a bit screwy at the moment. Use the same part numbers as before.
    Lightparts.com also has parts and expert knowlege of all fixtures.

I have a few CD's and a full set of mans. HES has 4 of the CD's available and I'm getting deluged with requests to supply copies of mine.

Will the head of HES service please have some of the CD's remade!!!:aargh4:
    I get e-mails every few days for them. The idea of having them on the net on this site is ok but what about people who do not have net access readily available to them. The CD's rock!!! when you on a job site and dont have net I can always pull out my trusty CD's! :poke:
    You could spend $500 and make the world of repair a better place!;)
    I'm in the middle of several installs and have no time or access to a CD burner. Ya got till LDI to pull it off befire I show up and tap you on the shoulder. At the point I'm gonna do a Rosey O Donnel on ya!:18:

Back to work... I got 50 fixtures to tear down and repair lookin me in the face.:eek:
  • [quote=Schulz]Puffy,

Thanks for the encouragement. I recall you mentioning in another thread that you have the repair manuals on PDF. file. If I could get them for the Technobeam and Studio Spot 250 that would be awesome. I don't want to start taking stuff apart without knowing what all this stuff is.

Does HES still have these parts in stock?

Thanks,

David.

They have parts BUT, HES has sold the Technobeam To STRONG!
    Strong now is the parts source for the TB. Getting parts at the moment is a bit screwy at the moment. Use the same part numbers as before.
    Lightparts.com also has parts and expert knowlege of all fixtures.

I have a few CD's and a full set of mans. HES has 4 of the CD's available and I'm getting deluged with requests to supply copies of mine.

Will the head of HES service please have some of the CD's remade!!!:aargh4:
    I get e-mails every few days for them. The idea of having them on the net on this site is ok but what about people who do not have net access readily available to them. The CD's rock!!! when you on a job site and dont have net I can always pull out my trusty CD's! :poke:
    You could spend $500 and make the world of repair a better place!;)
    I'm in the middle of several installs and have no time or access to a CD burner. Ya got till LDI to pull it off befire I show up and tap you on the shoulder. At the point I'm gonna do a Rosey O Donnel on ya!:18:

Back to work... I got 50 fixtures to tear down and repair lookin me in the face.:eek:
Children
No Data
Related